Preparing to knock off a cloak – Preparando-me para copiar um capote

Português
English (uncheck the other box and check this one)
Num editorial da revista Elle chamado “Cool Intentions” (Fotógrafo: Terry Tsiolis, estilismo por Lester Garcia), vi esta imagem que me intrigou (todo o editorial era fantástico):

(imagem retirada da Internet)

Trata-se de um modelo da Ports1961 (visitem, vale a pena, as roupas são de morrer!), com o preço bastante acessível de 1450 dólares…

Mais tarde verifiquei sem espanto que uma famosa cadeia de roupa produziu algo muito semelhante, com um preço a rondar a centena de euros:



(imagens de www.zara.com)

Creio que não é difícil de fazer… Lã cardada ou malha grossa, as costas e a frente são uma peça única com uma união no centro das costas e nos ombros. A frente estende-se até ao ombro oposto e tem uma orla arredondada até à lateral… Depois uma gola larga, possivelmente em meia-lua. Até podia fazer aqui um capuz… Os bolsos não oferecem dificuldade. Gosto do pormenor do rebordo em pele do capote da Ports1961…

Comprei 3 metros de tecido cardado antracite (gastei cerca de 21 euros) e acho que vou tentar a minha sorte!

There was this image in an editorial called Cool Intentions from the September Elle that really intrigued me (Photos by Terry Tsiolis, Styling by Lester Garcia):

(Found the picture in the Internet, don’t remember the source)

It’s a model by Ports1961 (do visit their website, the clothes are TDF), with an accessible price tag of $1450 (according to the magazine).

Later I was not surprised to see that a well know worldwide retailer had something very similar, with a price that rounded the $145 (90% off!):



(imagens de www.zara.com)

I think this cloak is fairly easy to knock off. I could use brushed wool, boiled wool or thick knit to make it. Back and front are a single piece with no side seams and there’s a center back seam. The front extends to the opposite shoulder and its edge is cut on the round. A wide collar, half circle shaped would probably do, but I could also make it as some kind of a hood… The pockets are a no brainer. I also like the leather trim on the Ports1961 cloak.

All this said, I bought around 3.3 yards of anthracite brushed wool blend that cost me a total of 21 Euros and I’m trying my luck with this project.

9 comments:

toy said...

I'm sure it will work out, you have the skills for it

Jean said...

I LOVE this design. In an anthracite brushed wool? It will be fabulous --- can't wait to see your version!

Erica Bunker said...

Tany, that is going to be fabulous! I can't wait to see it!

Vicki said...

I think this look will look fabulous on you!

Bunny said...

Oooo, can't wait to see it!

Adelaide B said...

Don't you love being able to make whatever you want?

Lizzie said...

Thankyou Tany for signing up to be my first Blog Follower, I am really thrilled. Looking forward to seeing how your vest/cloak turns out and which fabric you choose. Lizzy.

Mamã Martinho said...

Tenho a certeza de que vais conseguir!

Bjs

Mónica

Ana's Closet said...

Muuito chique! Já a jaqueta é liiiinda de morrer... com aquela gola fantástica.

Beijinhos