Na minha caixa do correio – In my mailbox

Português
English (uncheck the other box and check this one)
Queridas leitoras, esta entrada serve o propósito de agradecer às minhas amigas e amigos de todo o mundo pelo carinho que me demonstram, não só por palavras mas também por acções. Hoje vou mostrar alguns dos tesouros que tenho recebido, pela ordem que os recebi.

Já não é a primeira vez que a Laura (da Roménia) e eu trocamos prendas e materiais de costura; desta vez, juntamente com uma corrente prateada para aplicar nas bainhas, enviou-me este magnífico colar de madrepérola que condiz exactamente com uns brincos que já mostrei anteriormente:

Eu e a Laura partilhamos uma preferência especial pela madrepérola; além do colar, A Laura mandou-me estes botões vintage, também de madrepérola e uma renda antiga:

Já tenho uma ideia para os botões maiores: este casaco da Burda de Março (falta-me um botão, mas hei-de pensar numa solução):
Da Joana (desta vez de Portugal) recebi estes presentes que ganhei num sorteio no seu blog, Chuana’s Tricot n' Stuff . Adorei, muito obrigada!
Há algum tempo pedi à Els para me comprar alguns materiais na Holanda; juntamente com a minha encomenda ela enviou-me este tecido de malha DIVINAL, por saber que eu adoro vermelho (o tecido tem áreas transparentes, fiozinhos dourados à mistura,... A foto não lhe faz justiça! É LINDO!):
Também já tenho uma ideia para este tecido: uma variação deste top da Burda de Fevereiro:
Da Adrienne (USA) recebi uns moldes Vogue e um MAGNÍFICO postal! vou guardar este postal para sempre como símbolo da nossa granda Amizade!
E o que chegou mesmo hoje:
Da Lisa (USA) um protótipo de chumaços, material para os fazer, esquemas e explicações e também um giz especial para marcar as costuras (espectacular!):
Se quiserem ler mais um pouco sobre estes chumaços, podem consultar o artigo da Lisa clicando aqui.
Do Paco (Barcelona) recebi o molde (criado por ele) desta magnífica jaqueta de seda vermelha, o molde dos chumaços e as amostras de tecido usados. Fiquei mesmo muito emocionada com esta oferta maravilhosa!

Finalmente, depois de muito procurar, consegui arranjar uma tábua especial para passar veludo (é uma tábua flexível, com uma superfície com picos de metal, que os profissionais usam para passar o veludo) graças à Summerset (USA), que ma encomendou e enviou pelo correio, juntamente com um lindo postal da região onde vive:
Sou ou não sou uma mulher de sorte? Para todas e todos, os meus sinceros agradecimentos!

Quanto á costura: o meu projecto actual vai a passo lento porque esta semana tem sido demoníaca em termos de trabalho. Também já não tenho esperanças de completar todos os projectos da minha lista de Outono Inverno porque já começo a pensar na Primavera, por isso alguns irão transitar para o ano. Ainda hoje ou amanhã irei postar algumas fotos do tenho feito no meu fato "O Diabo Veste Prada"!
E quanto ao tricô? Bem, anda a passo mais lento ainda… Estou a tricotar umas luvas sem dedos “Fetching” para a minha amiga Isabelle de Paris, mas a este ritmo ela só as vai poder usar no próximo Inverno! Mas enquanto não as acabar não verão aqui nenhum outro projecto de tricô! Fiquem bem!
Dear readers, today’s entry is dedicated to thank all the fabulous gifts I’ve been receiving from all over the world. I feel truly blessed! I’ll show you some of the treasures, by the order they arrived in my mailbox.

It’s not the first time that
Laura (from Romania) and me exchange gifts and sewing notions; this time I asked Laura to get me a silver chain, hoping to use it in the Unrath&Strano suit. Along with the chain Laura sent me this fabulous mother of pearl necklace that is the perfect match for a pair of earrings I already own:

Some of you already know that I and Laura share the love for mother of pearl accessories and buttons; Laura also sent me these gorgeous vintage mother of pearl buttons and this lovely vintage lace:

I already have a model in mind for the larger buttons: this jacket is featured in the March BWOF; I have less one button but I think I can figure out a solution!
From Joana (Chuana’s Tricot n' Stuff , this time from Portugal) I got these lovely gifts won at her blog's drawing contest:
Some time ago I asked Els (The Sewing Diva from Holand) the big favour of buying me some hard to find notions. Knowing that I love the color red, she also sent me this GORGEOUS burn-out knit fabric! It’s truly divine:
I also have plans for this fabric; a variation of this top featured in the February BWOF:
From Adrienne (USA) I received these Vogue patterns and this FABULOUS postcard! Wow! I will keep this postcard as a token of your friendship, my friend!
And these came in today:
Lisa (USA) sent me her prototype of a RTW shoulder pad, along with its pattern, detailed assembling instructions AND this GREAT chalk marker! How cool is this?
If you want to know more about these shoulder pads, you can read Lisa’s excellent blog entry: Anatomy of a RTW shoulder pad.
Paco (Barcelona) took my breath away when he offered me the pattern for this fabulous creation of his: a magnificent red silk jacket. Together with the pattern I also found the samples of the fabrics (silk, underlining and lining) and the patterns for the custom made raglan shoulder pads!

Finally, after searching almost everywhere, I was able to get my needle board for pressing velvet, all thanks to Summerset (USA) that was so kind to order it and mail it out for me! I also found another lovely postcard inside, showing a landscape of the place where Summerset lives!
Am I or am I not a lucky girl? My deepest thanks to all of you! Your friendship is my biggest treasure!

On the sewing front: my “The Devil Wears Prada” suit is coming along slowly but nicely (I’ve been overloaded with work, for a change) and I expect to post some progress pictures really soon (maybe today!). I lost all hope of completing all the garments in my Fall Winter project list because spring sewing is starting to appeal to me. Some projects will have to be postponed until next fall, I’m afraid.
On the knitting front: well, progress has been even slower… I am knitting an elbow length version of the Fetching mittens for my friend Isabelle and at this pace I fear she will only get to wear them next fall! But I won’t start another knitting project until this one is finished and I’m putting all my love into it! See you soon, everybody!

16 comments:

Summerset said...

Amazing how much smaller the world seems when you have friends all over! Those square buttons are really awesome.

Adrienne said...

I love those buttons!! I am about to make that same BWOF top! I can't wait to see yours! I know it will be fab! That fabric is gorgeous!

Maria Elena Garcia Guanaguanay said...

Enhorabuena, felicidades por tan bellos y orginales presentes, ahora a buscarles un excelente uso.
Un abrazo

Erica Bunker said...

You received some great things. I'm going to take a look at that shoulder pad tutorial!

Alexandra said...

Wow, Tany, you got some great goodies in the mail! I adore the buttons. And I'm waiting with baited breath to see your version of Paco's beautiful jacket.

LauraLo said...

See what happens when you're a great, warm person? :) Everybody loves you!
You picked for those square buttons my biggest favorite, I loooove that jacket!

Berry said...

Oh, I've done that BWOF blouse, I need to post about it ;o) I really like the March jacket you picked. You've been spoiled my dear and you do deserve it! Like Adrienne I can't wait to see your Paco's jacket.

Anonymous said...

so much beautiful, will deserved gifts,, tfs

Anonymous said...

A verdade é que mereces! As prendas são lindas e adorei os botões que a Joana te enviou, muito originais!

Bjs

Mónica

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Tany, que bello. La amistad no hace falta recompensarla con regalos, pero a veces estas pequeñas cosas alegran el corazón de quien las recibe y a su vez del que las envia. Los botones de Laura son preciosos, la tela de Els, que te voy a decir (aquí la llamamos deboré), las hombreras de Lisa y la tabla de Summerset, pues una gran ayuda al trabajo y lo demás pues detalles con mucho cariño, de veras. Un fuerte abrazo para tí, Paco

Corteygrif said...

QUERIDA TANY
TE FELICITO POR TODOS ESTES MIMOS,MUITO BEM MERECIDOS!!
ES SIM SENHORA UMA AMIGA SORTUDA,TUDO ISTO SE DEVE A TUDO O QUE NOS MOSTRAS EM TERMOS DE CARINHO,E EXCELLENTES POSTAGENS,HÁ PARTE DA QUALIDADE DO TEU TRABALHO.
TUDO O QUE DAMOS NESTE MUNDO,É RETRIBUIDO EM DOBRO PELAS PESSOAS QUE NOS QUEREM BEM!!
FAÇO VOTOS QUE HAJA SEMPRE MUITA LUZ EM TUA VIDA
UM ABRAÇO
ROSA

Linda L said...

Very nice gifts. I know you will put all to good use. Lovely knit fabric from Els.

Kitty Couture said...

Wonderful gifts, my friend! Love them all. You're in for many hours of sewing bliss :)

Please, do not worry about the gloves! Besides, you *have* to finish your Donna Karan jacket in time... :)

Sending lots of hugs!
(((((Tany))))))

Chuana said...

És uma mulher de sorte de certeza, as restantes prendas foram espectaculares (tiro a minha claro), tu mereces pela simpatia e pelos teus trabalhos!
Parabéns!

Bjs

Chuana :)

Celina said...

Andei ausente e nem sempre consigo acompanhar as novidades mas tenho de dizer que ADOREI o casaco vermelho e, como sempre, ver a descrição do passo a passo. Os presentes são mais do que merecidos. Fico à espera de ver o fato e o casaco da Burda de Março!
Beijinhos

Marcia Hilleshein said...

Quanta coisa maravilhosa! É sempre uma delícia passar por aqui.
E o grande livro da costura!?!
Você é um amor por dividir tanto conosco.
Bjs.