Novos tecidos e futuros projectos – Spring fabric hunting and future projects in mind

Vejam só os tecidos que comprei ontem:
Check out what I brought home yesterday:
Ainda tenho alguns tecidos que sobraram do ano passado, mas não consegui resistir a estes acabadinhos de chegar para a Primavera!
There are a few more fabric pieces in my stash from last year but I couldn't resist buying some fresh new ones for the spring!

Quanto ao destino que lhes vou dar, ainda há poucas certezas. A organza castanho dourada vai servir para uma camisa bastante original, além de servir também para forrar algumas peças que tenciono fazer. Ainda não vos contei mas tenho uma biblioteca enorme de Burdas, algumas mesmo muito antigas (anos 90). Destas revistas, as que considero os meus maiores tesouros são as Burdas Internacionais, uma edição que já não existe e que trazia modelos de designer bastante arrojados. Para fazer a camisa fui encontrar o molde e a inspiração nestas duas revistas:
As for their intended purposes, there is still little to say for sure. The golden organza will become a very intriguing blouse and will serve the purpose of interlining some of my future garments. I haven't told you yet but I own a large BWOF collection; the magazines that I most treasure are old Burda International Magazines. Among them there are these two magazines where I found the pattern and the inspiration for my next organza blouse:

Aqui podem ver o modelo do qual vou tirar o molde:
This is the model from which I will trace the pattern:

E aqui têm a inspiração para os adornos que farei na camisa (são feitos com tubinhos de tecido cortado em viés):
And here comes the embellishment inspiration (the embellishment is done with bias self-fabric tubes):
Já fiz esta camisa uma vez em organza vermelha mas tive um acidente logo no primeiro dia em que a usei e a manga esgaçou, sem qualquer hipótese de remendo… Só falar nisso já me traz tristeza.
I've done this blouse once before using red organza but I had a small accident on the very first time I wore it: one of the sleeves was ripped apart beyond any fixing. The only things that could be saved were the buttons (just writing about it is making me feel sad…).

Vejam Costura 2006: Uma Blusa Rasgada
Da Burda Internacional 1/96 também estou a pensar fazer este vestido, talvez de um dos tecidos que comprei ontem.
From Burda International 1/96 there’s also this beautiful A-line dress:
Um modelo que farei de certeza é esta gabardina que vem na Burda 02/2007:
This one I'll make for sure; I love this trench coat featured in BWOF 02/2007:
Depois também gostei muito deste vestido:
There is also this dress:
Da revista Patrones de Fevereiro também gostei muito deste vestido:
I also picked this black dress from Patrones; it's simple and classic:
Bem, agora tenho mesmo é que continuar a fazer o casaco Orwell! Hoje penso acabar de fazer os pespontos à mão no corpo do casaco e bainha e talvez começar com as mangas! Fiquem bem!
Well, I must get back to Orwell coat now! I intend to finish the topstitching, the hem and maybe start making the sleeves, all in today's time! Be well!


5 comments:

Chuana said...

Adorei a gabardine e o vestido branco! Devem fazer um conjunto lindo. Fico à espera de ver a gabardine e qualquer um dos modelos que escolher fazer!

Bjx

Joana

Anonymous said...

I love the 02/2007 trench and dress, the trench is way out of my skill level, but its so beautiful

Anonymous said...

Nem sei qual dos mopdelos eu gostei mais, são todos lindos! Mas a camisola em organza é simplesmente divinal! Estou curiosa para ver como vai ficar!

Bjs

Mónica

Anonymous said...

The trench caught my eye too. But I'm debating fabric. I have some water resistant stretch poplin in a cream/ivory micro stripe in my stash, but think it might be a little too stiff.
Have you decided what to use?

Tany said...

Hi Diane! I'm planning to use the ivory wrinkled fabric shown in the picture, the third fabric from the left... It's a 55% polyester 35% viscose and I believe it resembles the fabric used on the model... It's not too stiff though... I will run some tests with this fabric first, maybe interline it with organza is a good idea. I think a stiff fabric may not be the best choice because of the gathering at the hip. If I interline this trench I will do it from the hip up only... You should try gathering your fabric first, see if it works well. Please let me know if it works! I don’t know if this will be my next project yet and I would love to know how yours is coming up! Be well!